Pottery Barn Inspired Patio Lantern Project

Pin It
Source: Pottery Barn
I've recently spent some time  going back to my boards on Pinterest and I was SHOCKED that I have amassed nearly 1,900 pins on 48 boards over the last year! Holy smacks! How did that happen!?

When I began work on the "patio makeover" for the space beneath my pergola, I immediately turned to my Exterior design and decor board to see what I had pinned back in February when it felt as if summer would never arrive. It was the pin above that I was looking for.  It originally came from the Pottery Barn Spring Catalog.








As soon as I saw it, I knew that I could do something similar using the pergola over my patio (instead of a ladder) onto which to fasten the ropes. Over the spring and early summer, I amassed several vintage barn pulleys and some old rope from garage sales, flea markets, and Boberosa Barnworks. I made a quick trip to Home Depot for additional thick hemp rope. Then, I gathered some of the lanterns that I have collected over the years (as well as one that I received as a birthday gift this weekend).

 
Today, I hung the last lantern and I'm looking forward to sitting outdoors by candle light tonight, after dinner.
Now if I could only find a way to "knock off" that view......

xo,

S

Linking to:
413 Sparrow Lane
A Diamond in The Stuff
At the Picket Fence
Between Naps on the Porch
Chic on a Shoestring
Coastal Charm
Common Ground
Craftionary
Craft O Maniac
DIY By Design
Debbie Doos
Farmhouse Porch
Home Stories A to Z
House of Grace
House of Hepworths
Knick of Time
I should be Mopping the Floor
Live Laugh Rowe
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Not Just a Housewife
Primitive and Proper
Primp
Project Queen
Restore Interiors
Savvy Southern Style
Six Sisters
Tatertots and Jello
The Shabby Nest
Thistlewood Farms
Uncommonly Yours
Under the Table and Dreaming
You are Talking Too Much

Featured at:



eclecticallyvintage.com/2012/06/the-greatest-of-the-great-outdoors/